Wednesday

Fantasy Genre for Forest Scene

For my Scene to be set in a Fantasy Genre, I imagine the forest to be quite wild and overgrown with vivid colours used, such as pinks and purples contrasting with the green trees.






The Fantasy film 'Avatar' came to mind when picturing these vivid colours used in a forest land, I watched the film again for inspiration and reference which really helped me to invisage what my set design may look like. The colours in the film seem to have flourescent 'glow' about them, which could be an idea to use in my design when thinking of what lighting I could use on my stage.






I drew out a quick rough design in pen of how I imagine the layout to be on my set.




From this design and my first initial thoughts on the Fantasy genre I created a moodboard of my ideas.
I added colour to my design and added more features to help visualize my set, but I think it still needs further changes after more research and thought. I need to think about how the audience view may be effected by the shadowing and positions on the trees in the forest. I also need to think what do I really need on the stage, without making it too busy or complicated for a quick scene change. Could the trees etc be moved off the stage easily enough? Will the sight of the audience be blocked by any of the trees? Many questions spring to mind for what I need to think about for my final idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment