Thursday

Bed Frames for 'Ghost'

Work Experience Day 4 Thursday  - bed frames for 'Ghost'

When I arrived it was back to working on the timber bed frame. Bec pre-drilled holes with 4mm and I followed her round putting screws in with the drill, making sure they were slightly embeded. We attached 6mm mdf cladding over parts of it using glue first, then securing with brads using the brad gun, making sure each edge was exactly flush. It was my job to glue and secure whilst Bec held the mdf in place tight.To make it more flush on one side I used a router, which uses a disc to run along the surface and saws along the excess.

We completed the bed leg, bed head, and most of the bed frame. I used quick dry polyfiller to fill in the gaps where the nails made little holes, and then scraped off with a flat metal edge. When it was dry I used a belt sander (scary) to get most of it off and sand paper for the rest. I also had to saw in the corner to get the rounded bit out where the router ran.

Going back to the Shrek campfire, it could not be fibreglassed in the workshop as there is so much of it to do and it does not have enough extraction, as Andy was already fibreglassing something else on the end bench closed to outside. I bagged up all the pieces for the camp fire and took them round to another workshop round the corner where they have the correct facilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment